Last item for navigation
Work Permits

Students looking for employment
Any student at West High School looking for employment afterschool and on weekends, we offer a support service in looking for a job, applying and preparing for an interview.  Career Services, located in Room 219 of West High School is where students will find Liz Sternig available to help them with the process.  Students should stop in the room or email [email protected] to set up an appointment.  

Work Permits Update:
As of June 2023, guardians/households must apply for a work permit online.  (use a phone or home device)  Any child aged 14 or 15 needs a work permit to begin work in Wisconsin.  The first step is for the child to apply and have a job offer, then you fill out online documents for a work permit.  Cost is $10.00.  Once you create a work permit online if you need access to a printer, the career center at West can attempt to help with printing the document through communication.  There are detailed instructions and the weblink for how to obtain the work permit at this site:

For more information about minor work permits and child labor laws, visit the Equal Rights Division webpage.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.